In our economic climate, it’s not unusual to want to save a little money! Here are some water heater tips to stretch your dollar.
– Check the temperature setting on your water heater and inspect for possible leaks.
The recommended setting is 70 degrees Celsius.
– Don’t leave the hot water running when you rinse dishes, brush your teeth, or shave.
This will reduce the amount of energy that is needed to heat the hot water in your tank and save on your energy bill too!
– Take short showers and run more shallow baths.
– If you don’t mind having lower water pressure in the shower, install a low-flow faucet aerator or low-flow shower head to save on water consumption and reduce water heating costs.
– Install a high-efficiency Energy Star certified water heater to save on natural gas usage.
As an added perk, rebates are available.
– Go tankless! Switch to a tankless water heater for significant energy savings. Learn more here!
– Wait to wash clothing and dishes until you have a full load.
– Use cold water when you run the dishwasher or washing machine.
(Cold water laundry also helps to keep your colours brighter for longer!)
– Buy a high-efficiency washing machine when you need to replace your clothes washer.
For details on all ENERGY STAR rebate programs currently offered by FortisBC including storage tank water heaters and tankless water heaters, click here.